Moscow to lake Baikal

Book now

Moscow to lake Baikal

28 Jun - 19 Jul
22 days
Maximum seats

We offer you the Baikal journey. You will have an unforgettable trip to the largest freshwater lake in the world. Lake Baikal is no wonder considered one of the main assets of Russia. Lake Baikal is the largest freshwater lake by volume in the world, containing 22–23% of the world’s fresh surface water. With 23,615.39 km3 of fresh water, it contains more water than the North American Great Lakes combined. With a maximum depth of 1,642 m, Baikal is the world’s deepest lake. It is considered among the world’s clearest lakes and is considered the world’s oldest lake – at 25–30 million years. It is the seventh-largest lake in the world by surface area. The route is thought out in a way that you will have the opportunity to stop in historical places and take photos of picturesque nature.

All included. You will receive a motorcycle and health insurance. All museums tickets are included in the price.

It is possible to change the program only if it’s the group’s wish.

Throughout the route you will be accompanied by a guide, guard and mechanic (we will replace motorcycle in case of serious damage).

The average length of the route is 5500 km.

All inclusive tour

Transfer and
(in all cities)
Food (arrival day
and throughout
the route)
museum tickets,
Technical costs and
charges related to toll
roads and parking
Guard and mechanic
Give yourself an unforgettable adventure!
And we will make sure that it goes perfectly

Tour overview

Day 1

Moscow, Russian Federation

Meeting at the airport, transfer to the hotel, accommodation; you will get a motorcycle, meet with the team, sign a contract and have a dinner.
Day 2

Moscow To Nizhny Novgorod 420 Km

Accommodation in a hotel, sightseeing According to the UNESCO, Nizhny Novgorod is included in the list of the most valuable cities in the history of the planet. Nizhny Novgorod Kremlin Impregnable fort of the XVI century in the central part of Nizhny Novgorod, which could not take anyone. Thirteen towers and a fortress wall more than two kilometers long. The thickness of the wall at the base reaches 5 meters. Behind the fortress wall residences of city and regional authorities are located. In the towers of the Kremlin there are expositions; for visitors is opened a section of the wall
Day 3

Nizhny Novgorod To Kazan 390 Km

Accommodation in a hotel, sightseeing Kazan is the real treasure of the Volga region and the pride of all Russia. Kazan Kremlin The cultural ensemble and the main archaeological complex of Kazan, where historical monuments of the XII-XX centuries are located. Eastern and Western culture goes together on the territory of the Kremlin. The domes of the mosque are perfectly combines with the belltowers of an Orthodox church, the Turkic tower is combines to the mansions, built in the classical European style. The residence of the head of the republic and its government are situated in Kremlin
Day 4

Kazan To Ufa 530 Km

Accommodation in a hotel, sightseeing
Day 5


Ufa is the capital city of the Republic of Bashkortostan, Russia, and the industrial, economic, scientific and cultural center of the republic. As of the 2010 Census, its population was 1,062,319, making it the eleventh most populous city in Russia. Monument to Salavat Yulaev Salavat Yulaev is a national hero of Bashkortostan, who fought for the independence of his people during the time of Catherine II. The monument in his honor was installed in 1967 on the Belaya River. The sculptor S. D. Tavasiev portrayed the hero on horseback. Together with a granite pedestal, the height of the sculpture is 14 meters, weight is 40 tons. The monument stands on the highest point of the center of Ufa and can be clearly seen from afar. Gostiny Dvor Traditional market, which seem to exist in every major city of the Russian Empire. Ufa’s Gostiny Dvor was built in the XIX century. At the turn of the XXI century it was adapted to the modern trade and business complex. In the 1980s the ensemble even wanted to be demolished, but the public rose to its defense, thus, the architectural monument was preserved. National Museum of the Republic of Bashkortostan The collection is located in the historic building of 1905, previously owned by the Peasant Land Bank, which was closed in 1917. In total, the museum has 35 exhibition halls, where archaeological, ethnographic, natural science and art collections are placed. Friendship Monument The monument, laid in 1957 in honor of the 400th anniversary of Russia and Bashkiria reunion. Earlier, the Trinity Church exploded in 1956 was located in its place. Construction of the monument was delayed for a long time it was installed only in 1965. A group of sculptors and architects worked on the project. The composition is an obelisk having shape of a sword, bronze figures of women with wreaths in their hands, depicting Russia and Bashkiria
Day 6

Ufa To Chelyabinsk 430 Km

Accommodation in a hotel, sightseeing Chelyabinsk is one of the largest industrial centers of Russia, but the city has a lot of parks and remarkable places. The Alley of Glory The Alley of Glory was created in 2015 on the street of the Commune. It is a paved boulevard with stands which are installed with photos of residents of the Ural cities who took part in the Great Patriotic War. There is a monument to tank volunteers in 1975, made in the form of a figure of a soldier standing on a tower of a Soviet tank. Kirovka Street Central street like Arbat in Moscow. It was finally decorated in the 2000s. Here are the original urban sculptures, shops, cafes and entertainment facilities. Everything you need for a good rest and a pleasant walk. There are historic mansions with interesting architecture of the beginning of the 20th century
Day 7

Chelyabinsk To Kurgan 300 Km

Accommodation in a hotel, sightseeing; Kurgan is a city that is part of the Russian state. Also, the city is the administrative center of the Kurgan region. The date of foundation of the city of Kurgan is considered to be 1679. In 1782 he received the official status of the city, because of the patronage of Catherine II. The “Kilometre Zero” monument On the zero kilometer of highways, a postman figure made of bronze was installed next to the Kurgan Central Post Office. Now all directions are counted from this place. The author of the project is B. Orekhov
Day 8

Kurgan To Ishim 310 Km

Accommodation in a hotel, sightseeing; The history of Ishim goes back centuries, it is connected with the legendary name of ataman Ermak. His troops in 1670 built a wooden fortress in the shape of a hexagon, she stood on the left bank of the deep Ishim River. One of the main founders is Athanasius Korkin and the city itself was called “corky settlement”. In 1782, by decree of Empress Catherine II, the settlement was renamed to the county town of the same name with the river on which it stood. Now Ishim city is part of the Tyumen region. We will visit the Seafront.
Day 9

Ishim To Omsk 350 Km

Accommodation in a hotel, sightseeing, rest
Day 10


The names of F. M. Dostoevsky, who was exiled here, and General A. V. Kolchak, who organized the headquarters in the city in 1918-1919, are connected with Omsk. Chokana Valihanov Street The street is located in the historic part of Omsk. In 2014, part of the avenue was reconstructed and turned into a pedestrian zone. The street is decorated with abstract architectural forms, flower beds, wrought lanterns. The walking area ends with a platform with a picturesque view of the Irtysh Buchholz Square The area is located near the river station. The place was named in honor of Major General I. Buchholz, who by order of Peter I drove nomadic tribes from the territory of the future city. Today the square is a space decorated with landscaped lawns and alleys. In the center is a modern sculpture "The Power", which depicts the various stages of the development of Siberia. Vrubel Museum The collection is a collection of objects from various genres of art from antiquity to the present day. The exhibition is located in the building of the XIX century - the former governor's palace, built by the project of F. F. Wagner. The museum is the largest repository of works of art in the region, in its funds there are more than 24 thousand objects. Achair convent The convent of the late XIX century, located in the village of Achair about 50 km from Omsk. In Soviet times, the complex was closed and looted, its revival occurred in the 1990s. After the resumption of the work of the convent, a mineral spring was discovered on its territory and after the blessing of Patriarch Alexy II it was declared the holy one.
Day 11

Omsk To Kuybyshev 350 Km

Accommodation in a hotel, sightseeing
Day 12

Kuibyshev To Novosibirsk 330 Km

Accommodation in a hotel, sightseeing Novosibirsk is an important cultural and industrial center, the third largest city in Russia. Lenin Square The central square of the city, on which the main sights are located: the Museum of local lore, the musical theater, the square, the chapel of St. Nicholas and other numerous monuments. These monuments should be given special attention: there are the Iron Throne, the Music Box in memory of V. A. Lensky, monuments in honor of the first cinema and tram, the stele "Hospital of Veterans"
Day 13

Novosibirsk To Kemerovo 360 Km

Accommodation in a hotel, sightseeing Kemerovo is an amalgamation of, and successor to, several older Russian settlements. A waypoint named Verkhotomsky ostrogwas established nearby in 1657 on a road from Tomsk to Kuznetsk fortress. In 1701, the settlement of Shcheglovsk was founded on the left bank of the Tom; soon it became a village. By 1859, seven villages existed where modern Kemerovo is now: Shcheglovka (or Ust-Iskitimskoye), Kemerovo (named in 1734), Yevseyevo, Krasny Yar, Kur-Iskitim (Pleshki), Davydovo (Ishanovo), and Borovaya. In 1721, coal was discovered in the area. The first coal mines were established in 1907, later a chemical plant was established in 1916. By 1917, the population of Shcheglovo had grown to around 4,000 people. The area's further development was boosted by the construction of a railway between Yurga and Kolchugino (now Leninsk-Kuznetsky) with a connection between Topki and Shcheglovo. Shcheglovo was granted town status on May 9, 1918, which is now considered to be the date of Kemerovo's founding; and was later known as Shcheglovsk. The town became the central location for the Kuzbass Autonomous Industrial Colony which was established there in 1921. 650 workers from 20 different countries settled there and set up what became the Kemerovo Coke Chemical Plant. Some of their descendants visited the modern factory in 2011. On May 27, 1932, Shcheglovsk was renamed Kemerovo and became the administrative center of Kemerovo Oblast in 1943.
Day 14

Kemerovo To Achinsk 370 Km

Accommodation in a hotel, sightseeing Achinsk is one of the oldest known inhabited places in the area. Paleontological study has shown that people lived here as early as 28,000–20,000 BCE. Some of these ancient caves are located 2 kilometers east of the city. The modern city, however, was founded on July 25, 1641 as an ostrog on the Bely Iyus River. After the fire of 1683, it was moved to the Chulym River (a tributary of the Ob); hence, the official foundation date of the city is considered to be July 25, 1683. The name of the location derives from the Turkic tribal group Achi or Achigi. The first fort in 1683 was built with the high stockade square shaped walls. In the corners were placed watch towers. Initially the garrison had fifteen Cossacks patrolling it. In 1710, a new wooden fort on the right bank of the Achinki River was created, at its confluence with the Chulym.
Day 15

Achinsk To Kansk 400 Km

Accommodation in a hotel, sightseeing Founded in 1628 as a Russian fort, Kansk was transferred to its current location in 1636 and granted town status in 1782. The town is a center of the Kansk-Achinsk lignite basin, which in the early 1980s was developed into one of the largest coal areas of the Soviet Union. It also has cotton, timber, hydrolysis, and food industries.
Day 16

Kansk To Tulun 430 Km

Accommodation in a hotel, sightseeing Tulun was founded in the second half of the 18th century as a village in the Iya Valley. With the construction of the Trans-Siberian Railway in the early 20th century, Tulun grew into an important trade center. It was administrated as a town between 1922 and 1924, before being granted town status permanently in 1927
Day 17

Tulun To Irkutsk 410 Km

Accommodation in a hotel, sightseeing
Day 18


Irkutsk is a city and the administrative center of Irkutsk Oblast, Russia, and one of the largest cities in Siberia. Irkutsk was named after the Irkut River, whose name was derived from the Buryat word for "spinning" and was used as an ethnonym among local tribes as Yrkhu, Irkit, Irgit, and Irgyt. The city was formerly known as "Yandashsky" after the local Tuvan chief Yandasha Gorogi. In 1652, Ivan Pokhabov built a zimovye (winter quarters) near the site of Irkutsk for gold trading and for the collection of fur taxes from the Buryats. In 1661, Yakov Pokhabov built an ostrog (a small fort) nearby. The ostrog gained official town rights from the government in 1686. The first road connection between Moscow and Irkutsk, the Siberian Route, was built in 1760, and benefited the town economy. Many new products, often imported from Chinavia Kyakhta, became widely available in Irkutsk for the first time, including gold, diamonds, fur, wood, silk, and tea. In 1821, as part of the Mikhail Speransky's reforms, Siberia was administratively divided at the Yenisei River and Irkutsk became the seat of the Governor-General of East Siberia. In the early 19th century, many Russian artists, officers, and nobles were sent into exile in Siberia for their part in the Decembrist revolt against Tsar Nicholas I. Irkutsk became the major center of intellectual and social life for these exiles, and much of the city's cultural heritage comes from them; many of their wooden houses, adorned with ornate, hand-carved decorations, survive today, in stark contrast with the standard Soviet apartment blocks that surround them. The 130th quarter The zone of historical buildings, located on the site of a suburban quarter of the XVIII century. At that time, all the buildings were built of wood, so by the beginning of the 20th century, the area looked like an ordinary village. The Ice Breaker Angara Museum This is one of the Irkutsk's most unusual monuments/museums. It is the only surviving ship of the original icebreakers in Russia. In 1898, the Russian government ordered a ship on the same design as the icebreakers on Lake Erie from the Sir V G Armstrong, Vitvort and Co , an English ship firm in Newcastle. The iceboat was sent in pieces to Listvyanka, where it was reassembled Before the foundation of the Circum-Baikal Railroad in 1905, the Angara and the ferry/icebreaker Baikal made two trips through Baikal daily Later on, it was used for shipping across the lake. Historians note the Angara for two reasons first, it is one of the oldest icebreakers in the world, second it has been sunk more than any other ship in the world The first time the Angara sunk was in the 1920s, when it ran across rocks near the Ushkany islands The second and third time (in the 1970s and 1980s) it sunk in Irkutsk's reservoir, where it lay abandoned for a long time. The Monument to Alexander III The history of this monument is interesting and dramatic The figure of the emperor was first placed here in honor of the completion of the Trans-Siberian Railway It was unveiled in 1908 The monument was designed by Robert Bach, also the architect of the Pushkin monument in Tsarskoye Selo and the monument to Glinka in Moscow The first statue did not last long In 1920 it was dismantled by the Soviet government Only in 1964 was the monument — rather, its foundation — reconstructed by V Shmatkov as a giant pyramidal spire For just under four decades, Irkutsk residents agreed to meet «at the spire » Finally, in the new century and millennium, Alexander III returned to the Irkutsk embankment thanks to funding from the Eastern Siberia Railroad Babr The Turkic name of a jaguar or a panther, the Yakuts so called Ussuri tiger. For several centuries, the figure of this animal adorns the coat of arms of Irkutsk and is a symbol of the city
Day 19

Listvyanka Village

Taltsy Architectural and Ethnographic Museum The open-air museum Taltsy is located 20 kilometers away from Listvyanka. The exposition features wooden buildings brought from all over Siberia. Right now, 40 landmarked buildings and 8000 artifacts dated by XVII-XIX centuries are presented as part of the exhibition. The museum complex is divided into three sectors. One of them is devoted to traditional structures of Buryat people inhabited the Irkutsk territory to the west of the Baikal. The largest sector displays the log structures from the Ilim area erected by Cossacks in the 17th-century. Located in a grove, the smallest sector is dedicated to the indigenous nomadic Evenk people, which is believed was the most ancient population lived the area. Baikal Limnological museum The Baikal Limnological Station opened in the village of Listvyanka in 1928. In 1961 the station was transformed into an academic institute. The unique exhibits tell about the origin and the history of the lake, its flora and fauna, geological structure, climate and tectonics of Pribaikalye. Stuffed birds and animals. Collection of minerals. Models of the lake bed showing its history, the peculiarities of its shoreline and bottom. Baikal fish (omul, golomyanka, kharius, sturgeon, taimen, pike). Microorganisms inhabiting Baikal waters and destroying everything that might pollute the lake. Exhibits found in scientific expeditions. You can watch 20-minute film "The Planet's Well" with unique shots made with the help of a deep-sea submersible vessel "Pisces" at the deepest point, 1637 m, of the lake. The museum of Limnology is divided into two sections: • Introduction of Lake Baikal and its surrounding area; maps, samples of recent bottom sediments, samples of rocks and minerals etc. • Aquatic animals including endemic species, algae, temperature characteristics.
Day 20

Listvyanka Village

Shaman Rock The Beginning of Angara River is the most wide in the world (863 meters in width, maximal depth - 4 - 6 meters, minimal - 0,5 - 0,7 meters). It is only one river, beginning in Baikal. In the middle of Angara's beginning you can see Shaman Rock. According to legends Baikal tossed this large stone after his daughter Angara, who ran away to his lover Enisey (another Siberian River). Antique people believed in wonderful force of the stone, it was the place of rituals. In the front of Shaman Rock the observing platform is situated, here tourists can buy souvenirs, rent boats, have a rest. By another legend, the stone marks the sacred center of the Earth Probably it is right that such a center is located in such a unique area as Lake Baikal. In ancient times the local residents believed that the Shaman Stone had miraculous powers According to ancient beliefs, it was the home of the lord of the Angara Oma Sagan Noyona Important shaman-ist ceremonies took place on the stone, where oaths and prayers were made. Baikal Astrophysical Observatory Chersky Stone Krugo-Baikalskaya railway (excursion) Krugo-Baikalskaya railway is stretched along the southern coast of the lake Baikal for 260 km, from a source of the Angara river up to station Mysovaya. Its western site is especially unique. Circum-Baikal railway is 84 km of a rail way from the port Baikal up to the station Kultuk, 39 tunnels (the general long is 9 063 m), 16 stone galleries, about 400 bridges and viaducts, more than 200 retaining stone walls, tens kilometers of railway embankments. Its construction was begun in the spring in 1902. The first train has passed in September in 1904. Since the 16th of October in 1905 the site “Slyudyanka-Baikal” was put in operation of Transbaikalian railway Management. Olkhon island This the biggest island in Baikal, with steep mountains on the Eastern shore. The western shore ends with the many bays of the Maloye More. The island is 72 kilometres long and 15 kilometres wide. Scientists still debate whether "Olkhon" translates as "little forest" or "dry" as both names fit well. Olkhon has a great combination of landscapes and is rich in archeological landmarks. Olkhon is the geographical, historical and sacred centre of Baikal, the heart of many legends and fairy tales, it is believed to be the home of numerous Baikal spirits. Legends have it that Khan Gutababai came here and was sent by high spirits from the Heavens. He was the head of all khans. His son Shubunkua still lives here as a white eagle. Olkhon has many beautiful places, and everyone discovers his or her own beautiful place on Olkhon.
Day 21

Listvyanka Village

Golden Horde Ethnopark It located in a picturesque valley on the way to Baikal Lake, is glad to introduce the visitors with unique traditions of native population, being cherished by buryats over the course of history. The Ethnopark serves local cuisine in the most stunning carved yurt (nomads tent), blessed by the head of the local Lamaist temple «Thubten Darjeeling». Made of the valuable wood species, the yurt itself is a unique facility, representing buryat national culture and religious values. Besides there are several yurts were anyone could delve into traditional lifestyle. The local artists and craftsmen conduct regular and special exhibitions, the items on display could be bought as souvenirs. Our guests could also take part in authentic rituals, games, fun and plays, sports events, historical quests and battle reconstructions. Gastronomic, dancing and crafting master classes could be also provided. Khoboy Cape Thisis the most northern point of Olkhon island. The name comes from an old Buryat word meaning "fang" because of its shape, a vertically oriented marble rock, appearing much like a fang. We will visit a lot of lakes: Nur, which from time to time merges with the Bay of Zagli; Khanha with many archaeological sites; Shara-Nur, the only salt lake on the island of Olkhon, which is located in the middle of the mountains. In Mongolian, it means "Yellow Lake". Shara-Nur is famous for its waters and mud. Many tourists come here for improve health; Nuku Nur - a reservoir in which many living organisms live. Lake (bay) Khankhoy (Elgai, Yalga) This is the most popular tourist location for those who want to stay in tents. During the summer, the water gets pleasantly warm and people are able to go swimming and fishing. It is isolated from Baikal (by a thin, natural sand bar). There is no wood available for campfires in this area. After returning to Listvyanka, visiting the shaman, general festivities, we will have a dinner. At the request of the team, we can order a lamb. Return of motorcycle, farewell dinner and photos
Day 22

Listvyanka Village

Departure from the hotel, transfer to the airport
Want to know more about the event program?
The price not includes
Give yourself an unforgettable adventure!
And we will make sure that it goes perfectly